A complete bathroom renovation is a very challenging task, especially if you’re working in an awkwardly shaped space without a lot of visible light, with quirky pipework, and more.
It can be tempting to rip everything out of your bathroom and start from scratch, but this is not a good idea as the renovation will be very expensive.
Making a concrete plan and looking for a clear renovation guide is important when remodeling your bathroom so that you can save money. Other than that, these measures will also help you pinpoint the areas that need renovation.
In this article, we will tell you everything that you need to know when renovating a bathroom. To make sure that your bathroom remodeling project becomes a success, you can use the tips below and make it as a guide.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get those tools and start renovating!
1. Make your vanity personalized.
The largest piece of furniture in your bathroom might be the vanity, so make sure that it stands out by doing a makeover. Personalizing it can improve the overall aesthetics of your bathroom, so you might want to remodel it.
You can also replace it completely if you don’t have a lot of time doing DIY. But, if you’re looking for ways to save money on refinishing your bathroom, you should personalize your vanity instead.
Here are some personalization ideas that you can try with your bathroom vanity:
● Try to update the cabinet faces of your bathroom vanity. Repainting and re-designing it is also a great option.
● You can also update its hardware to make it look good as new.
● If you want to hide unsightly necessities and accessories in your bathroom, you can also build a chic shelving unit. Make sure that it is mounted on the side of your bathroom vanity.
● Do you want to freshen up the overall look of your vanity? Then, you should try replacing the whole piece. However, hiring a plumber is essential for this kind of job, especially for beginners. But, if you’re already an expert DIYer yourself, you can remodel it on your own.
2. Change the bathroom lighting.
If you want to freshen up your bathroom, changing its lighting can be one of your best options.
However, most people think that it’s a difficult task to switch lighting bulbs. Yes, this can sound very intimidating.
But, as long as you follow all the instructions and switch the bulbs carefully, you can change the lighting fixtures successfully and safely on your own.
This is a straightforward remodeling task, but it can make a lot of difference to your bathroom’s overall look. Other than that, it only takes at least 30 minutes to switch a lighting fixture so that it won’t consume a lot of your time.
Lighting is critical, so make sure that the lights you will be putting are bright enough to lit the whole room perfectly. You should also buy products that are suitable for high-moisture areas.
This renovation tip is a big deal, so you should think about it carefully before starting.
Other than being intensive, it can also be a frustrating task to re-tile the surrounding of your bathroom tub and shower. If you aren’t able to get the process right, your shower/tub will crumble and leak.
On the other hand, re-tiling can make your bathroom look gorgeous. It will look completely customized based on your preferences. As a result, your overall bathroom will become updated and fresh.
You can hire a professional to do the job. But, if you want to save money, doing it on your own is also a good choice.
Hiring and paying labor costs can be expensive, especially if your bathroom space is quite big. That is why DIY is recommended.
4. Update hardware and fixtures
To provide a chic finishing touch on your entire bathroom, updating its hardware and fixtures is important. A bathroom might be a small space, but you should still freshen it up.
You don’t have to worry about spending a lot of money on these bathroom items because it’s not required to change all of them at once. For instance, you are replacing your old sink faucet with a new one.
It doesn’t matter if you only upgrade or update one item on your bathroom – it can still make a big difference in the overall aesthetics.
Here are some tips:
● Remove your old faucet and install a new one that comes with a sleeker design. This can add a more functional or contemporary feel to the surroundings.
● Do you want to make your fixtures look more stylish? Then, you should replace your toilet paper with a new one. You can either create your brass toilet dispenser with the use of pipe fittings or bend a tick-gauge brass wire and shape it into a toilet dispenser.
● You can put some additional showerheads on your bathroom to make it look more updated. Moving the shower heads to a better and more convenient height can also make a difference to the overall look.
● Increase your bathroom’s function and form by installing some wall hooks. These are very helpful in making your things organized. You can hang your clothes and towel in there, instead of just letting them lie on the floor.
5. Freshen up the walls
Updating the design of your walls is also essential in renovating your bathroom because it sets an instant tone on the vibe and style of the space.
So if your walls have oddly speckled or tinted paint, crusty wallpaper, or peeling already, you should look for ways on how to freshen them up. Your bathroom won’t become dated, drab, dingy, or annoying if you upgrade your wall design or clean it.
Here are some ideas that you can try if you want to keep your walls fresh:
● You can smoothen out the texture of your old wall design.
● If you want to change the design, installing some contemporary wallpapers is a great idea.
● Paint your walls with light-colored paint to lighten up the whole bathroom.
● Installing board and batten can also be a good option.
Renovating a bathroom can be a bit tiring and exhausting, especially if you do it on your own.
But, if you are committed and motivated enough to make your bathroom look fresh and updated, everything will feel comfortable and light. You won’t even notice that you’re already done with all the renovations.
The tips listed above are just five of the most helpful advice out there. You will be able to find more recommendations online, so keep on researching. In the meantime, do these bathroom renovation ideas first. They can truly add beauty to the room’s overall aesthetics.